Individual Complaint/ Resolution Process
It is the policy of Charis Support Services to provide a channel for all individuals/guardians to have their grievances heard and resolved in a timely manner, without fear of retribution or retaliation for seeking resolution.
If there is any neglect, abuse and/or individual rights violation suspected please contact the COO, Sonya Ott, or designee, Program Director, Sandy Godsey, immediately (also see the signed individual rights form when individual rights have been violated).
If any individual or guardian feels that there is a situation that needs to be resolved, including but not limited to: a staff communication problem, a staff attitude problem, a concerning individual/staff relationship and/or any staffing problem please contact the director and the following steps will be taken:
- The individual and/or the Authorized Representative or Legal guardian can contact the Office of Human Rights at any time during the complaint process. All complaints are reported by the CSS director to Human Rights within 24 hours or the next business day.
- The director will contact the individual and/or guardian as soon as possible, at least within 24 hours.
- The individual or guardian will bring any documentation they may have of the complaint to the arranged meeting. If the individual or guardian cannot be present at an arranged meeting and wish to resolve the matter by phone, then the COO will document the complaint. This complaint document will be kept in the individual record.
- The complaint will be reviewed, investigated, and resolved as soon as possible.
- The Individual/ Authorized Representative will receive a report with the Director’s decision and action plan within 10 working days.
- The Individual and/or Authorized Representative will be notified in writing of his right to and the process for appealing the director’s decision and action plan.
- The Individual will have access to a human rights advocate for assistance with the complaint.
- The Individual will be protected from retaliation and harm.
If you have a complaint, you have the right to contact, HR Regional Advocate, Reginald Daye at 757-253-7061, address 4061 Ironbound Road, Williamsburg, VA 23188.